The COST action FP1001
held workshops on May 5th and 6th 2014 in Antalya, Turkey. This
to the international conference PROHITEC 2014 - International
Conference on Protection of Historical Constructions. The
main scope of PROHITECH is to highlight the importance of use of
advanced technologies in the protection of historical structures which
are prone to natural and man-made hazards. The first conference was
held in Rome, 2009.
The program can be downloaded here
- Thierry Descamps, Belgium: Concluded, on-going and planned STSMs of COST ACTION FP1101 on WG1-TG3 topics
- Zhongwei Guan, UK: Towards adhesive free structural timber members connected by compressed wood
- Jorge Branco, Portugal: Behavior of timber trusses with reinforced joints.
- Jorge Branco, Portugal: Research activity on carpentry joints in portugal.
Kunecky, Czech Republic: Presentation of the research activity on
carpentry joints in Czech Republic. Activities at ITAM and the Czech
- Mariapaola Riggio, Italy on behalf
of Francisco Arriaga, Guillermo Iniguez and Jose Ramon Aira,
Spain: Presentation of the research activity on carpentry joints
in Spain. Activities at UPM.
- Carina F.Ferreira, UK: Modelling and analysis of carpentry joints of historic buildings
- Robert Jockwer, Robert Widmann, Switzerland: Repair of cracks and delaminated gluelines by means of adhesive injection
- Teresa Artola, Spain: Development of a decision support tool for timber reinforcement selection.
- Claudio Alessandri, Italy: Restoration of the Church of the Nativity.
- Alejandro Martinez
de Arbulo, Japan: Perservation of historic timber structures in
Japan - The repair of gekkoden pavillon.
- Ramazan Kurt, Turkey: Effects of Pressures on Glue Line Thickness and Properties of Laminated Veneer Lumbers (LVLs)
- Kay-Uwe Schober, Germany: Structural rehabilitation and repair of decayed beam ends with concrete-type adhesives.
- Benedetto Pizzo, Italy, Experimental structural repair of timber beam-ends by wood prostheses connected with glued-in rods
- Mikel Landa, Spain: Timber roof interventions – case studies.
- Eleftheria Tsakanika-Theohari, Greece: Reinforcement of timber roofs in seismic zones
- Gennaro Tampone & Nicola Ruggieri, Italy: State of the art technology on conservation of timber roofs
- Richard McCormack, Ireland: A mobile app as a design aid for selection of reinforcement for timber structures
Pictures from the workshop and site visit to timber building in Antalya: